Wednesday, November 14, 2007

An Aging Parent's Plea to his Child

An Aging Parent’s Plea to his Child
By Edecat
Inspired from an Article written in Pilipino by Rev Fr Ariel F Robles

As I grow old,
I seek your Patience and Understanding.
Despite Hard-of-Hearing – notwithstanding,
“Love me”. You’re told.

If I spill Soup or break Plate,
My Eyesight could be dimming.
Look upon me with no hate.
Lest, I get a bad feeling.

If I am slow to stand,
My Knees could be weakening.
Quickly give me your Hand,
For I did teach you - Walking.

If I’m slow to understand,
My Hearing could be failing.
Write down or Motion-by-Hand,
So I could get the meaning.

If I sound like a “Broken Record”,
My Memory could be lapsing.
Please do not laugh at me – nor be bored.
Bear with me - just by listening.

If I feel so alone,
My Spirit yearns for your presence.
Although busy at work,
Find time to be with me at home.

If I become hard-to-please,
My Consciousness favors the familiar.
Be careful and not amiss,
I’m exacting on particulars.
.
If I emit an unpleasant smell,
I could have the Odor-of-Old.
A daily Bath could make me unwell.
My weak Body could get a Cold.

If I urinate and move my bowel in bed,
Persevere still in loving me.
My Life is ending and farewells would soon be said.
Memories last Eternity.

And if my Moment-of-Death is near,
Hold my hand and embrace me dearly.
Your love for me brings “God’s Blessings” here.
You and I are truly family!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home